Energy and Environment Scholar, The Brookings Institution
• Chair, Energy and Climate Change Working Group, Clinton Global Initiative (present);
• Assistant Secretary for Oceans, Environment, and Science, U.S. State Department;
• Senior Director for Environmental Affairs, National Security Council;
• Associate Director for the Global Environment, White House Council on Environmental Quality;
• Executive Vice President, World Wildlife Fund; and
• Attorney, Office of General Council, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
AWARDS, BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS:
• Member, American Bar Association Standing Committee on Environmental Law;
• Co-Chair, ABA Annual Conference on Environmental Law;
• Member, Sustainable Development Roundtable, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD); and
• Stimson Fellow, Yale University.
• Yale College (B.A., Philosophy, 1978); and
• University of Michigan (J.D., 1982).